Domaine Grand Veneur
“Our wine growing skills, together with the unique terroir of our vineyards, represent the precious legacy handed down to us by our ancestors: we recognize that this legacy is priceless and we are constantly striving to preserve it.”
Fundamental to our approach to vine-growing is our commitment to respecting our soil, our vines and the health and ripeness of our grapes, the latter being an essential prerequisite for the production of great wines.
"A great wine is one that is made from healthy grapes and that allows the unique character and complexity of its terroir to be expressed"
Grand Veneur vineyards are grown in accordance with certified organic agricultural practices, which means:
- The soils are maintained exclusively by light ploughing and fertilised with vegetal compost.
- We spray the vines (with organic-permitted treatments) only when there are justified risks to the health of the vines.
- The yields are low, or kept under control by green-harvesting. This intervention, carried out by hand in summer, enables us to be selective not only in terms of quantity, but also quality, by favouring those bunches which are the best exposed.
- In order to keep the bunches well aired, we thin out the leaves around the grapes by hand.
- The hand-picked harvest is sorted bunch by bunch.
- Following a careful maturation, the wines undergo only a light clarification so as to respect the unique terroir characteristics of each wine. A natural sediment deposit may appear, a sign of the richness and vitality of the wine.